Skip to content
Skip to navigation
- Research guides
- Test information
- News articles
- Start from the ejournals search page to search and access specific journal titles
- Not finding your journal? Search the Primo catalogue, and refine your results to "Journals."
- Print journals are on the 4th floor of the Library: see PER (periodicals) section
- Use Interlibrary Loan (RACER) to order articles not available at Laurier
- Searching for a topic? Try the articles tab at the top of the page.
Major journals for Music therapy
- Applied musicology: using zygonic theory to inform music education, therapy, and psychology research
- Oxford University Press, 2013
- Counseling and therapy in video
- Videos concerning social work, psychotherapy, psychology, and psychiatric counseling.
- Handbook of music and emotion: theory, research, applications, by Juslin, Patrik N.; Sloboda, John A.
- Oxford Universitiy Press, 2010. Print location.
- Music, health and wellbeing, by MacDonald, Raymond; Kreutz,Gunter, and Mitchell, Laura
- Oxford University Press, 2012
- Music therapy research, by Wheeler, Barbara L.
- Barcelona Publishers, 2005. Print location.
- Oxford handbook of music psychology, by Hallam, Susan.; Cross, Ian.; Thaut, Michael
- Oxford University Press, 2009. Print location.
- Oxford handbook of music therapy, by Jane Edwards
- Oxford University Press, 2016. Print location.
Selected resources for psychological tests
- Mental Measurements Yearbook with Tests in Print
- Information about and reviews of English-language standardized tests.
- ETS Test Collection Database
- Includes information about thousands of tests from the early 1900s to the present.
- Handbook of Psychological Assessment, by Groth-Marnat, Gary
- Wiley, 2009
- Developing and Validating Rapid Assessment Instruments, by Abell, Neil; Springer, David W.; Kamata, Akihito
- Oxford University Press, 2009
- Voices: A World Forum for Music Therapy
- An international journal and online forum
- Manfred and Penny Conrad Institute for Music Therapy Research (CIMTR)
- At Wilfrid Laurier University
- Canadian Association of Music Therapy
- Includes information about Canadian practice, conference papers and careers.
- American Music Therapy Association
- Includes journals, bibliographies and conference poster sessions.
- Australian Music Therapy Association
- Provides case studies online.
- British Association for Music Therapy
- Includes information leaflets and sample videos.
- World Federation of Music Therapy
- Sponsors a conference every three years.