About this Guide
This guide provides information about access to Library resources for SK399 Field Education Instructors.
Note: Login Credentials
You will need two sets of login credentials to access course readings online.
- ARES username and password
- ARES, the e-reserves system, is where you can access your list of course readings after logging in
- Laurier Library card
- When accessing online resources, you will be prompted to enter a Library card barcode and last name
Please contact the BSW Field Program Assistant to obtain these credentials.
- BSW Field Program Assistant: firstname.lastname@example.org or 519-756-8228 ext. 5460
Course readings are available through ARES. To access them, follow the steps 1-5 below.
- Go to https://ares.wlu.ca/libstaff
- Login using the ARES username and password
- Under "My Courses," select SK643*
- Click on "View Item" beside the reading you would like to access
- If prompted, login using your Laurier Library card barcode and last name
*NOTE: BSW Field Education Instructors (SK399) have the same readings as MSW Practicum Instructors (SK643). So, when you select SK643 you'll get the readings you require as a BSW Field Education Instructor for SK399.
Resources for Research
To access online resources from off campus such as journal articles and ebooks, you will need to sign in using your Laurier Library card barcode and last name.
- The Social Work Subject Guide will connect you to important resources for research
Please note: Library resources are to be used for teaching and learning purposes only.
Finding Journal Articles
Here are short video tutorials to help you find journal articles:
- Finding Articles on a Topic
- Finding a Journal Article When You Only Know the Title
- How to Search ProQuest Databases
- Check out the short video tutorial on finding ebooks
For help with anything related to Laurier Library's resources and services, please contact the Social Work Librarian: email@example.com or 519-884-0710 ext. 4973.